Monday 10 November 2014

Whoa, I have a blog?!

Ooops, I totally forgot about doing this... it's been a busy few months, I guess!

We went to Indonesia (Bukit Lawang) to see some orangutangs at the beginning of October. It was amazing, and I got to see my first great apes (orangs), as well as lots of other monkeys. Slept in the jungle (after racing a river down hill to make sure we could get across it before it was unfordable to get to campsite), walked up a lot of hills without complaining and watched a macaque steal our Immodium (poor monkey was in for a rough time...).

I actually took this photo with my actual camera. I was this close (and closer) to this Orangutan Mum and Baby,

We went to Bhutan for a week in the middle of October. My first time in the Himalayas (properly in them, Darjeeling was only Himalayan FOOTHILLS). Bhutan is a beautiful country, and we feel lucky to have been able to visit at this early point in their tourism development - everything is still fairly unaffected by tourism, and we got to see the people and the land fairly unspoilt. I think that this is the first country I've ever been to without a McDonalds (or any foreign brands that I could see). Walked up a mountain (2800m to 4100m in a day! Phew), and then got lost again on the way down the Bumdra trek. Saw Tiger's Nest Monastery after nearly losing hope (getting lost), and being rescued by the instructions of a yak herder to put us on the secret monk's trail. Saw Bee Stung Moose, at ema datse (chilli cheese) and fell in love with a river (Paro-chhu, I'll never forget you).







Have had a quieter few weeks in Singapore with Eoin being required three times a week to train the Singapore National handball team (because he's awesome), but have managed to fit in a fair bit of eating (found fantastic buffalo wings!), and a trip to Universal Studios! No trips currently planned until Christmas trip back to Australia, but that doesn't mean we won't go on one! But expect some more food-based (and cheaper) adventures in the next few months.


1 comment:

Mum :) said...

Want to see more photos when you come for Christmas!